Partner with us
OPEN CALL FOR COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER – FULL-TIME POSITION/ APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29 JULY 2021
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium seeks a Communications Manager for the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)-funded Increasing Market Employability (IME), a five-year program in North Macedonia ending in December 2023. The project follows a facilitative market systems approach to support private sector development and growth in competitive economic sectors in Macedonia. The overall goal of the project is that more working-age women and men, in particular youth, are engaged in sustainable, decent employment or self-employment. The program will achieve this goal through three inter-related outcomes to strengthen local market systems: (1) companies in the selected sectors grow by improving their products and services and expanding their markets; (2) improved services (support functions, financial services) and improved policy and regulatory framework are conducive to companies’ growth in the selected sectors; and (3) the private sector is incentivized to engage more youth and women and equipped with tools for identifying, attracting, and retaining them.
The Communications Manager implements and upgrades IME Communication for Development Strategy and Action Plan. He/She will ensure that communication is effectively embedded and delivered through the overall implementation of IME program. This is a full-time position based in Skopje, North Macedonia.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Utilize appropriate PR strategies and media tools and be responsible for the documentation and dissemination of all program activities across IME’s communications channels (online and offline).
- IME staff work as an integrated team. The Communications Manager will be expected to contribute to other aspects of the program including working with team members, consultants, and partners to improve promotion of the sectors IME is supporting.
- Promote IME’s objectives, activities, achievements, learning and best practice utilizing the Program’s online channels and new technology, as well as traditional publications; ensure timely dissemination of information to all stakeholders (internal and external) and liaise appropriately with the Palladium program office on all publications and developments.
- Effectively manage and feed the program website, newsletter, and online tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) to ensure continuous upload and dissemination of accurate and useful information to all stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Program interventions by facilitating coverage of intervention success stories; develop success stories including conducting field interviews and taking photographs.
- Provide support to the knowledge management activities of the Program working with the MRM manager to write case studies and other reports to communicate IME results.
- Support staff to better utilize Palladium’s internal communication platforms Yammer / Share-Point and promote awareness program activities to Palladium wider audiences
- Maintain strategic contacts within the media as a development partner.
- Establish and maintain contact and cooperation with portals, international and local specialized magazines, story tellers, bloggers and influencers focusing on IME three sectors (sustainable agribusiness, adventure tourism and ICT)
- Collect, archive and circulate useful information about progress of sectors IME works in, from the media that is considered relevant to the program, and identify ways in which this information can be useful to the overall Program strategy.
- Manage and quality assure the work and output of all consultants engaged by the Communications section of the Program.
- Ensure that SDC and Palladium branding requirements are implemented. Ensure placement of branding during filed events (banners, folders, etc.)
- Ensure implementation of SDC Communications for Development Manual.
- Represent IME program at events and, where possible, identify and recommend potential strategic functions for which attendance would be beneficial to the Program
- Provide support to members of the team when delivering external presentations.
Minimum selection criteria
- University degree in a relevant subject, masters in communications, or international development, preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience providing communication support for donor-funded programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to engage and collaborate with project stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills required for working with project staff, donors and beneficiaries.
- Understanding project management
- Well networked with stakeholders in Macedonian media sector
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and to judge multiple priorities under tight deadlines
The Communication Manager will report to IME Deputy Team Leader.
Application details and deadline
All interested candidates should send an up-to-date professional resume to the following email address: contactIME@thepalladiumgroup.com. The application deadline is July 29, 2021 (Thursday) COB.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews.