Partner with us
OPEN CALL FOR ICT EXPERT – FULL-TIME POSITION/ APPLICATION DEADLINE: 22 JANUARY 2021
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium seeks an ICT Sector Lead/Expert for the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)-funded Increasing Market Employability (IME), a five-year program in North Macedonia ending in December 2023. The project follows a facilitative market systems approach to support private sector development and growth in competitive economic sectors in Macedonia. The overall goal of the project is that more working-age women and men, in particular youth, are engaged in sustainable, decent employment or self-employment. The program will achieve this goal through three inter-related outcomes to strengthen local market systems: (1) companies in the selected sectors grow by improving their products and services and expanding their markets; (2) improved services (support functions, financial services) and improved policy and regulatory framework are conducive to companies’ growth in the selected sectors; and (3) the private sector is incentivized to engage more youth and women and equipped with tools for identifying, attracting, and retaining them.
The ICT Sector Lead/Expert will be responsible for the following:
- Provides technical and strategic support to build and manage interventions that support the development of the ICT sector in N. Macedonia.
- Work with private and public sector stakeholders to identify how interventions can be sustainable
- Collaborate with the BSO Lead to work with business service organizations to develop their capacities to address sector-wide challenges
- Work with stakeholders to identify policy challenges, facilitate discussions to develop policy papers to advocate for reform in the sector
- Monitor and evaluate interventions in accordance with DCED guidelines to develop intervention plans and promptly report on challenges and results
- Collaborate with IME Gender and Youth lead to determine how to integrate more women and youth in the sector
- Identify areas of collaboration with other donor projects, and other opportunities to co-finance IME ICT-related interventions.
- Implement the market system approach, ensuring that each intervention can be scaled up and will have an impact on the system
- Ensures effective use of resources, on-time delivery of project activity reports and partner deliverables, and overall compliance with SDC regulations and Palladium policies and procedures.
- Relevant higher education and professional training in economics, international development, statistics, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant degree.
- At least 4 years of previous relevant managerial experience managing and/or implementing ICT related programs.
- Strong understanding of the structure of North Macedonia’s economy and its supporting systems, including ICT sector development in North Macedonia.
- Experience in the inclusion of groups at risk of social exclusion in the private sector, in particular youth and women.
- Strong reporting skills and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and networking skills.
The ICT sector Lead / Expert will report to the IME Team Leader.
Application details and deadline
All interested candidates should send an up-to-date professional resume to the following email address: contactIME@thepalladiumgroup.com. The application deadline is January 22, 2021 (Friday) COB.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews.