Partner with us
OPEN CALL FOR MONITORING & RESULTS MEASUREMENT LEAD – FULL-TIME POSITION/ APPLICATION DEADLINE: 01 October 2021
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
Palladium seeks a Monitoring & Result Measurement Lead for the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)-funded Increasing Market Employability (IME), a five-year program in North Macedonia ending in December 2023. The project follows a facilitative market systems approach to support private sector development and growth in competitive economic sectors in Macedonia. The overall goal of the project is that more working-age women and men, in particular youth, are engaged in sustainable, decent employment or self-employment. The program will achieve this goal through three inter-related outcomes to strengthen local market systems: (1) companies in the selected sectors grow by improving their products and services and expanding their markets; (2) improved services (support functions, financial services) and improved policy and regulatory framework are conducive to companies’ growth in the selected sectors; and (3) the private sector is incentivized to engage more youth and women and equipped with tools for identifying, attracting, and retaining them.
The Monitoring & Result Measurement Lead ensures that the MRM system is developed and implemented in the IME project to meet DCED and SDC requirements.
This is a full-time position based in Skopje, N. Macedonia.
The Monitoring & Result Measurement Lead will be responsible for the following:
- In close collaboration with the Team Leader and the core management team, the Monitoring & Results Measurement Lead will be required to establish and support implementation and adaptation of project-wide MRM systems in accordance with DCED and SDC guidelines which should not be burdensome for technical staff.
- Provide continued support to technical teams to understand the MRM system to technical staff.
- Ensures overall quality and cost effectiveness and establish and maintain a robust and adaptive monitoring and results measurement (MRM) systems.
- Coordinate MRM activities and information across IME project partners and stakeholders.
- Build capacity of project technical staff and partners in monitoring results and in capturing learning, working with them to develop and update detailed results chains for their respective interventions, develop indicators.
- Assess reporting systems at the partners’ level and support partners with tools and capacity building for data collection.
- Lead regular project reviews and reporting of results, particularly semi-annual and annual reviews.
- Support technical staff in the development and review of concept notes, scopes of work, partner intervention project plans, results chains and results measurement framework.
- Ensures effective use of resources, on-time delivery of project activity reports and partner deliverables, and overall compliance with SDC regulations and Palladium policies and procedures.
- Manage the aggregation system including maintaining and updating the database for all project indicators, and platforms as Power BI.
- Produce technical notes on achieved results and learned lessons for adaptive management purposes
- Contribute to preparation of reports.
- Design, supervise and/or run survey and data collection for baselines, impact assessments and case studies required to meet DCED requirements.
- Adapt and improve the MRM system as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
The Monitoring & Result Measurement Lead will report to IME Team Leader.
Minimum selection criteria
- Relevant higher education and professional training in economics, international development, statistics, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant degree.
- Experience in developing and implementing monitoring and results measurement plans for Result-Based Management in accordance with international good practice, experience implementing the DCED standard highly desirable.
- At least 4 years of previous relevant experience managing MRM systems for large private sector development and/or market systems programs.
- Experience in research and data collection, including survey design and qualitative and quantitative techniques, particularly in relation to private sector development and job creation.
- Strong understanding of the Market systems/M4P approach to private sector development, understanding of Macedonian context highly desirable.
- Good understanding of the structure of North Macedonia’s economy and its supporting systems, including private sector development in North Macedonia.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and reporting skills.
Application details and deadline
All interested candidates should send an up-to-date professional resume to the following email address: contactIME@thepalladiumgroup.com. The application deadline is October 1, 2021 (Friday) COB.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews.