Partner with us
OPEN CALL FOR OPERATIONS OFFICER – FULL-TIME POSITION/ APPLICATION DEADLINE: 01 OCTOBER 2021
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
Palladium seeks an Operations Officer for the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)-funded Increasing Market Employability (IME), a five-year program in North Macedonia ending in December 2023. The project follows a facilitative market systems approach to support private sector development and growth in competitive economic sectors in Macedonia. The overall goal of the project is that more working-age women and men, in particular youth, are engaged in sustainable, decent employment or self-employment. The program will achieve this goal through three inter-related outcomes to strengthen local market systems: (1) companies in the selected sectors grow by improving their products and services and expanding their markets; (2) improved services (support functions, financial services) and improved policy and regulatory framework are conducive to companies’ growth in the selected sectors; and (3) the private sector is incentivized to engage more youth and women and equipped with tools for identifying, attracting, and retaining them.
This is a full-time position based in Skopje, Macedonia.
The Operations Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure all administrative matters and logistics of the office are running smoothly.
2. Finance and Record Management
- In close cooperation and supervision by Director of Finance and Administration maintain a filing system for the project, including financial records, invoices, and procurement documentation with relevant approvals.
- Performs administrative functions concerned with the project implementation and provides necessary support to the Project Team in day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Maintain the office asset register.
- Provide assistance in scanning, copying and printing documents as requested by staff.
- Assemble digital packets of supporting documentation for the review of the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Liaise with the Director of Finance and Administration for any other financial or logistical support for project staff and consultants and ensure all administrative matters running smoothly.
- Ensure filing of project documents to palladium SharePoint
3. Implementation Support
- In close cooperation and supervision by Director of Finance and Administration provide due diligence support to budget proposals, coordinate procurements, and negotiate with pre-awardees.
- Administer and coordinate the administrative work of the project evaluation committees.
- Monitor sub-awardees financial and compliance reporting, ensuring on-time invoicing and that requirements are met.
- Support technical leads in preparation of MRM documentation, while checking for accuracy.
- In close cooperation and supervision by MRM Lead maintain MRM documentation filing system according to DCED standards and external audits requirements.
- Maintain efficient programme documents tracking and filing system. Review and propose measures to enhance standard operating procedures (SOPs) and management functions.
- Assist with logistics for meetings, including finding suitable venues, obtaining quotes, confirming dates and sending and tracking invitations with participants, including public officials.
- Procure and compile necessary materials for meetings and the office.
- Assist with logistics for project visitors, including arranging interviews, meetings, transportation, accommodations, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of activities to achieve project outcomes and according to the budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Operations Officer will report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
Minimum selection criteria
- Relevant higher education and professional training in economics, international development, or other relevant degree.
- At least four years of previous relevant experience in a similar role for donor-funded programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to engage and collaborate with project stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills required for working with project staff, donors, and beneficiaries.
- Understanding project environment, excellent analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and to judge multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative way, delivering cross-support to all project staff and building relationships around a common goal.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
Application details and deadline
All interested candidates should send an up-to-date professional resume to the following email address: contactIME@thepalladiumgroup.com. The application deadline is October 1,2021 (Thursday) COB.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews.