Partner with us
OPEN CALL FOR ICT EXPERT – FULL-TIME POSITION/ APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 OCTOBER 2023
Are you passionate about digitalization? Do you aim to achieve systemic change with a goal-oriented mindset? Are you a strategic thinker and a dedicated team player? If yes, you are the right fit for our forward-thinking team! Join us in redefining the landscape of digital transformation and making a meaningful impact.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
Palladium seeks an ICT Sector Lead/Expert for the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)-funded Increasing Market Employability (IME), a five-year program in North Macedonia ending in June 2024, with possibility for extension. The project follows a facilitative market systems approach to support private sector development and growth in competitive economic sectors in North Macedonia (Adventure Tourism, Sustainable Agribusiness, and digitalization of these two sectors). The overall goal of the project is that more working-age women and men, in particular youth, are engaged in sustainable, decent employment or self-employment. The program will achieve this goal through three inter-related outcomes to strengthen local market systems: (1) companies in the selected sectors grow by improving their products and services and expanding their markets; (2) improved services (support functions, financial services) and improved policy and regulatory framework are conducive to companies’ growth in the selected sectors; and (3) the private sector is incentivized to engage more youth and women and equipped with tools for identifying, attracting, and retaining them.
The ICT Expert coordinates and oversees the development and implementation of strategic approaches and activities in the ICT sector.
The ICT Expert will:
- Identify potential intervention opportunities on digitalization and digital transformation of tourism and agribusiness sector.
- Provide technical and strategic support utilizing private sector engagement (PSE) modalities to build and manage interventions that support the digitalization and development of the tourism and agribusiness sectors in North Macedonia.
- Work with private and public sector stakeholders to identify how interventions can be sustainable.
- Collaborate with the BSO Lead to work with business service organizations to develop their capacities to address sector-wide challenges focused on digitalization and digital transformation.
- Work with stakeholders to identify policy challenges, and facilitate discussions to develop policy papers to advocate for reform in the sector.
- Monitor and evaluate interventions in accordance with DCED guidelines to develop intervention plans and promptly report on challenges and results.
- Collaborate with IME Gender and Youth Inclusion Lead to determine how to integrate more women and youth in the sector.
- Coordinate with IME Communication Expert on the use of C4D across interventions in digitalization.
- Identify areas of collaboration with other donor projects, and other opportunities to co-finance IME tourism-related interventions.
- Implement the market system approach, ensuring that each intervention can be scaled up and will have an impact on the system.
- Ensure effective use of resources, on-time delivery of project activity reports and partner deliverables, and overall compliance with SDC regulations and Palladium policies and procedures.
- Relevant higher education and professional training in economics, ICT technologies, digitalization, or other relevant degree.
- At least 4 years of previous relevant experience managing and/or implementing ICT-related programs.
- Strong understanding of the structure of North Macedonia’s economy and its supporting systems, including ICT sector development in North Macedonia.
- Experience in the inclusion of groups at risk of social exclusion in the private sector, in particular youth and women.
- Strong reporting skills and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and networking skills.
The ICT sector Lead / Expert will report to the IME Team Leader.
Application Details and Deadline
*Please note: Only citizens from North Macedonia are eligible for this position
All interested candidates should send an up-to-date professional resume to the following email address: contactIME@thepalladiumgroup.com. The application deadline is October 23 (Monday) COB.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews.